There are movies that are hits, and then there are movies that are superhits. But some movies are blockbusters that break all records at box office and rule it like a boss. Letâ€™s have a look at such top 10 highest grossing movies of all time:
10. The Lord of The Rings: The Return Of The King [$1,141,408]: The third installment of the classic fantasy â€œLord of the Ring trilogyâ€ came in 2003. Directed by Peter Jackson, movie got warm reviews and went on to become the highest grossing movie that â€œNew Line Cinemaâ€ released.
9. Iron Man 3 [$1,215,392]: This Robert Dowry Jr. Starrer Superhero movie came in 2013 and was the third installment of the â€œIron Manâ€ series. This was a big commercial hit & earned quite more than its previous two parts. Tony Stark did rule the box office.
8. Frozen [$1,274,234]: This Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee directorial animated classic came from the production house of Disney. Being considered as the Disney Classic of the Decade, the movie proved it right with its record breaking earnings and rave critical acclaims
7. The Avengers- Age of Ultron [$1,404,535]: Released in 2015, featuring Robert Dowry Jr., Scarlett Johnson, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth and Mark Ruffalo, this Joss Whedon directorial Superhero movie had everything in it to attract fans in great numbers to the cinema and make it a huge commercial success.
6. Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows: Part II [$1,341,511]: The eighth and final edition of the Harry Potter series, based on J.K Rowlingâ€™s novel was deserving highest grossing one too. Starring Daniel Redcliff and Emma Watson, the movie became a big financial success and was also one the best reviewed movies of 2011.
5. Furious 7 [$1,513,932]: This latest adrenaline installment of â€œF&Fâ€ series broke all records and became the franchiseâ€™s highest grossing release. Released in 2015, it featured a heavy star cast including Vin Diesel, Jason Statham, Dwayne Johnson and Paul Walker. It was also the last movie of Paul Walker before he sadly died in a car crash.
4. The Avengers [$1,519,479]: Released in 2012, this was the first installment of the â€œAvengersâ€ series. Based on Superhero characters of Marvel Comics, this Marvel Studios Production received rave reviews and feedback. It was critically acclaimed and commercially a bumper success.
3. Jurassic World [$1,659,626]: The fourth and latest installment of the Jurassic Park series was originally planned to be made and released in 2005 but took a decade to finish up and was then released in May 2015. Critically, the movie might not have got the reviews as of its predecessors, but commercially, it broke all records and sitting proudly at number 3 on the list.
2. Titanic [$2,207,615]: James Cameron Directorial, featuring Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio was a classic romantic-disaster movie released in 1997. The film earned huge critical and commercial success and went on to win a number of awards including Golden Globes in different categories and 11 Academy Awards.
1. Avatar [$2,783,918]: James Cameron is a magician with movies and â€œAvatarâ€ was another Testimony of it after Titanic. This Epic Science-Fiction movie came in 2009 and went on to become the highest-grossing film of all time. This movie was an awesome treat for the viewers and got huge critical success. So deserving, it sits at the top of the list.