Bob Marley would have turned 71 this February. The most influential singer of all time, his songs have created such an impact on society that still he is worshipped by Millions.
Here are some Lesser Known Facts about Bob Marley.
- Bob Marleyâ€™s real name was Nesta Robert Marley. Born on 6th February 1945 to Norval Sinclair Marley a white British Navel Captain and Cedella who was an old country village girl.
- He started reading palms at a very young age. But he decided to cease it because of his addiction to singing.
- He was imprisoned for possession of Marijuana, where he met many prisoners who motivated him to write songs.
- Was born in a very poor family, but with the passage of time he became one of the richest singers of his time. He used to buy big houses for his friends who supported him in his tough times.
- Bob Marley never won a Grammy in his life.
- In 1976, he was shot in the arm during a politically motivated assassination attempt. His band decided to disappear for a while, but Bob decided to perform in a free concert with an audience of over 80,000 people, the very next day. He quoted â€œThe people who are trying to make this world worse arenâ€™t taking a day off. How can I?
- Facebook started in 2004, 23 years after his death. But still he has one of the biggest fan following of Facebook with almost 75 Million Facebook Page likes which without any doubt makes him the most beloved singer of all time.
- He suffered from a toe injury while playing soccer but he refused to have treatment because of his religious reasons and that caused him his life.
- When doctors indicated that he has only few days left, he decided to spend his last days in Jamaica where he spent his childhood. But unfortunately, on his journey from Germany to Jamaica he didnâ€™t make it past Miami.
- He was buried in his hometown, along with a soccer ball, his Gibson Les Paul Guitar and a bud of Marijuana.
- His last word to his son Ziggy was â€œMoney canâ€™t buy you lifeâ€